The Ultimate Wedding To-Do List
he success of any wedding depends deeply on its preparation. To ensure your wedding event is a success, you must develop an effective to-do list. This will ensure you not only know your to-dos and what time to do them, but you can also review the progress made in preparation for your big day. Wedding experts advise that you need to develop the to-do list at least 12 months before the wedding. This is why your friends at The Atlantis Ballroom have created a list to help with your wedding event.
The following is a just the initiation to your wedding to-do list. Feel free to amend and adjust as necessary to suit your preparations. Each wedding is unique and different from the other so things can vary. With this list and careful planning, it is possible to have that affordable and beautiful weddings that the bride and groom will forever feel proud of.
12 months to 10 months to the wedding:
- Determine the budget.
Develop list of guests.
Engage wedding planner.
Decide on the overall theme and formality of the wedding day and venue.
- Select the best wedding venue in your city.
- Select the provider of catering services.
- Select the color theme. You may also begin thinking of the overall wedding venue designs.
- Begin the search for videographer, DJ, band, photographer and such other related providers of wedding services.
- Begin the search for the ideal wedding dress.
- Search for affordable wedding reception halls where you can book guests to your wedding.
- Develop wedding website if necessary.
- Take engagement photos and post them to the website, you and your guess will enjoy them.
- Buy the wedding dress and ensure it fits well.
- Send wedding date reminders and save-the-dates.
9 months to 7 months to the wedding:
- Register for the gifts
- Choose bridesmaid dresses and let the bridesmaids try them out.
- Begin the search for florists.
- Book venue for rehearsal dinner if different from your wedding hall.
- Begin search for musicians to perform at the wedding ceremony.
- Order the necessary retail items such as white dance floor, lounge furniture, draping, linens, specialty chairs, if not provided by ballroom.
- Begin the search and hire wedding day Master of Ceremony.
6 months to 4 months to the wedding:
- Begin looking at the invitations.
- Begin search and book the transportation service for guests.
- Book transportation for the bride and the groom.
- Book venue for honeymoon.
- Acquire the groom’s tuxedo.
- Begin search and book provider of premarital counseling.
- Make final tasting and meeting with provider of catering services.
- Choose the wedding cake.
- Buy the wedding bands.
- Choose attire for the groomsmen and let them try out the regalia to confirm it fits properly.
- Do the trial for the hair and makeup, just to make sure you look flawless on your special day.
3 months to 1 month to the wedding:
- Order invitations and may even hire calligrapher.
- Create or develop the menu.
- Brainstorm the necessary gift bags and guest favors.
- Book provider of photo booth rental services.
- Write down the vows.
- Select the readings.
- Meet with MC and rehearse for the dinner.
- Identify the DIY (do it yourself) activities if any.
- Send official wedding invitations. Note that RSVPs are due one month to the wedding.
- Send invitations for the rehearsal dinner. These may be sent together with official wedding invitations.
- Pick the marriage license.
- Buy gifts to be presented at the wedding.
- With the florist, do moral mock-up.
- Give selection of songs to the DJ or band and to the musicians.
- Buy the necessary small items such as garter, dress hanger, accessories for the flower girl, accessories of the ring bearer, card box, guest book, wedding cake knife, cake stand, cake topper, toasting flutes, table numbers, flip-flops, sunglasses, baskets, signs ( “Welcome”, “Dancing Shoes”, “Guest Book”, etc).
- Assemble the gift bags.
- Pay the providers of various wedding services.
- Create seating chart.
- Visit the wedding venue.
This list gives you a broad guideline on the things you need to do to ensure your wedding is a success. It is not exhaustive, and you need to develop a to-do list up to the last one minute before you step out for the wedding. You may also need to develop a checklist of what to do during and after the wedding.
Remember we here at The Atlantis Ballroom can help check of many of those items. Feel free to set up an appointment and tour our facility. We are sure you will love our wedding venue. We are among the best places in El Paso to host your wedding venue.
For more information about our hall and packages visit us online at www.atlantisballroom.net